New Outlook keeps auto-opening at boot and can't disable

Anonymous
2024-04-03T18:39:31+00:00

Hi, the issue is simple:

after the update to New Outlook, it runs at boot time and I don't know how to disable this. Can't find any setting in the app or an entry in the Task Manager Boot tab.

Thanks,

Luca

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-28T22:41:03+00:00

    I'm puzzled as to why Outlook/Microsoft decides to auto-startup users email applications in the first place.

    Please explain, and kindly disable this unauthorized startup on your next update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-04T20:48:57+00:00

    1- Startup Folder

    2- Task Manager

    1. msconfig

    i checked all locations and no "outlook. I would gladly uninstall this garbage, but it isn't even installed on my system. There is outlook all over my Registry. Thiis VIRUS needs ti DIE!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-04T21:04:49+00:00

    This suggestion on page one, from Mike Reed2, worked for me.

    You need to go to setting then apps and features

    click on Outlook then advanced options

    Then turn off Background Apps

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T12:30:12+00:00

    That seems to work on some systems, but not all. I have 5 PCs. Yesterday doing updates Outlook started by itself on two of them.

    I can't believe they haven't fixed this. Also, I've been using the New Outlook Mail since it first came out and this issue just started about a Month or so ago. Obviously one of their updates caused this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-13T04:37:36+00:00

    I Did this! but I still wanted to make sure that the app was dead, but like everyone else, nothing worked. I didn't know if disabling background processes would do the job, so thank you. And Yes, I've noticed Microsoft is installing software in their Operating System Updates EXACTLY like spyware. Like How I had to dig thru 10,000 files and get help via chat to wrest my files back from One Drivel (they wanted more money, were holding my files hostage in an effort more to to pay, when I didn't even want them to be saving this **** they were saving on "one drive" Idiots, who want all their Sims3 CCs filling up every gig of room on One Drive. I did however, want my hundreds of CC's back, expeditiously. Then when I bought a new laptop, as soon as I started the set up process, One Drive went ahead and Re-Downloaded itself onto my nearby gaming Desktop AGAIN. Absolute spyware ****

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments