New Outlook keeps auto-opening at boot and can't disable

Anonymous
2024-04-03T18:39:31+00:00

Hi, the issue is simple:

after the update to New Outlook, it runs at boot time and I don't know how to disable this. Can't find any setting in the app or an entry in the Task Manager Boot tab.

Thanks,

Luca

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-07T06:29:07+00:00

    Thanks Mike. That worked just great. Some of these experts are terrible. I really don't like being manipulated by programs and software. I like the New Outlook. But they are all getting to invasive nowadays. Anyway I'm loading outlook when I want now thanks to you. Generally you just go to Task Manager then start-up. But these programs are even working around that ! Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T13:39:29+00:00

    None of those three solutions worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T21:17:40+00:00

    THANK YOU!!!! Since I do not have my PC connected to the internet unless I need to do so, having outlook start was beyond annoying and slowed down the PC. I checked msconfig to no avail and all the responses from the ms experts were a joke.

    Thank you for getting the answer and sharing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-17T21:46:19+00:00

    If you're like me the post from the Microsoft expert did nothing to help, The new Outlook doesn't show up in any of the start up locations/folders or msconfig. It's like spyware that won't go away, which is clearly intentional since you have to dig thru "ten thousand" settings just to turn it off. Basically you have to kill the background process to get it to stop launching on start up.

    You need to go to setting then apps and features

    click on Outlook then advanced options

    Then turn off Background Apps

    That will stop it from launching everytime windows starts. at least on WIndows 10.

    This worked for me. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments