New Outlook keeps auto-opening at boot and can't disable

Anonymous
2024-04-03T18:39:31+00:00

Hi, the issue is simple:

after the update to New Outlook, it runs at boot time and I don't know how to disable this. Can't find any setting in the app or an entry in the Task Manager Boot tab.

Thanks,

Luca

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-19T13:37:22+00:00

    This is correct! I tried this and it just worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-20T00:50:34+00:00

    After trying every option I could find this one is the only one that worked for me. Thank you, Thank you Thank you !!!!!!!!!

    Changing my default email app from new outlook to mail has worked so far, but maybe i am just lucky. spoke too soon ;-;

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-21T04:49:54+00:00

    I tried everything already listed in this thread, but nothing worked.

    Eventually read that any other program in start-up that uses data from Outlook will cause Outlook to open at Start-up too.

    For me, it was Onedrive. Once I disabled it in Startup (which I didn't want to do), Outlook stopped opening Every. Single. Time. I. Started. My. Computer.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T10:08:45+00:00

    THANK YOU

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments