New Outlook keeps auto-opening at boot and can't disable

Anonymous
2024-04-03T18:39:31+00:00

Hi, the issue is simple:

after the update to New Outlook, it runs at boot time and I don't know how to disable this. Can't find any setting in the app or an entry in the Task Manager Boot tab.

Thanks,

Luca

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T14:34:33+00:00

    I have tried all 3 of the above suggestions, none of them work. How do I remove this garbage?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T10:21:57+00:00

    Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy. Even my husband who builds computers was stumped. I was almost to the point of wiping it and starting over just to make it stop.

    You saved me!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T21:45:41+00:00

    Great job! It worked for me. However, when you say "go to setting" I was 'attacking' the Outlook and could not find this there. You have to mention Windows Settings

    If you're like me the post from the Microsoft expert did nothing to help, The new Outlook doesn't show up in any of the start up locations/folders or msconfig. It's like spyware that won't go away, which is clearly intentional since you have to dig thru "ten thousand" settings just to turn it off. Basically you have to kill the background process to get it to stop launching on start up.

    You need to go to setting then apps and features

    click on Outlook then advanced options

    Then turn off Background Apps

    That will stop it from launching everytime windows starts. at least on WIndows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T20:04:51+00:00

    This started for me when I installed the Sysinternals Suite now owned by Microsoft.

    I went through each item and disabled background activity (along with new mail, mail and calendar). All good so far (he says with fingers firmly crossed)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-14T17:24:00+00:00

    THANK YOU!!!! This has been driving me absolutely crazy!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments