New Outlook keeps auto-opening at boot and can't disable

Anonymous
2024-04-03T18:39:31+00:00

Hi, the issue is simple:

after the update to New Outlook, it runs at boot time and I don't know how to disable this. Can't find any setting in the app or an entry in the Task Manager Boot tab.

Thanks,

Luca

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T22:28:02+00:00

    I have tried several methods to stop Outlook (new) from opening on startup.
    It even opens randomly in the background when I am either playing a game or watching a movie or even working with some 3D modeling, I don't realize before closing the app I am currently using, and then see it in the taskbar in an orange outline. No new emails, it just opens.

    At this point I am considering using a different email service and completely uninstalling outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T17:45:47+00:00

    I have tried all of these solutions and I do not find Outlook in any of them, as an enabled application. Do I need to uninstall Outlook?

    You can take the following steps to prevent Outlook to auto open at boot.

    Kindly check the Startup Folder. Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog. Next, Type shell:startup and hit Enter. 

    Look for Outlook in the startup folder. If you find it,delete it.

    Furthermore, Press Ctrl + Shift + Escto open the Task Manager. Go to the Startup tab.

    If Outlook is listed there, disable it.

    Lastly, check system Configuration Utility (msconfig):

    1.Press **Windows + R, type msconfig,**and hit Enter.

    2.In the System Configuration dialog, click the Services tab.

    3.Check the box labeled Hide Microsoft Services.

    4.Uncheck the box next to Outlook if it’s listed.

    5.Also, check the Startup tab and uncheck Outlook if it appears there.

    Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with the issue.

    Best Regards

    Bertrand

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T16:28:33+00:00

    I've tried all the "fixes" that have been posted since 2017. None work or apply. If I disconnect from the Internet, I keep getting annoying pop-up winows with outlook error and connection error. I only want outlook to open when I tell it to.

    Did the developers hard code outlook to open somehow?!?!? Is there a registry fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T00:04:06+00:00

    I have tried all 3 of the above suggestions, none of them work. How do I remove this garbage?

    Uninstall the APP, as you do not need it anyways, then it won't pop up anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T00:03:34+00:00

    This doesn't stop the issue. The 'NEW' look of Outlook is consistently showing up on my taskbar at startup. There is no way to turn it off following the above sets of instructions.

    Uninstall the APP, as you do not need it anyways, then it won't pop up anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments