New Outlook keeps auto-opening at boot and can't disable

Anonymous
2024-04-03T18:39:31+00:00

Hi, the issue is simple:

after the update to New Outlook, it runs at boot time and I don't know how to disable this. Can't find any setting in the app or an entry in the Task Manager Boot tab.

Thanks,

Luca

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-05T18:29:34+00:00

    I have tried all of the suggestions and nothing is working. I even tried to uninstall "Outlook (New)" from my computer.

    This is beyond annoying and frustrating!!!!! If I don't want to use Outlook, it shouldn't be running or trying to load any .PST files from external sources. What on my computer could possibly tie in with Outlook that it needs to run?

    Microsoft - get it together already!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T18:17:54+00:00

    Hi

    I'm having the same issue. I tried all 3 solutions you mention, but in all 3 options, Outlook is never listed.
    Outlook also doesn't just start-up at boot, but randomly throughout the entire period I have my pc running. Always popping up in front of whatever I'm actually actively using. It's quite irritating.

    Thanks in advance for your further support.
    Kind regards

    Minus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T14:52:02+00:00

    outlook is not there , but still its starting automatically with windows startup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T04:55:11+00:00

    I'm puzzled as to why Outlook/Microsoft decides to auto-startup users email applications in the first place.

    Please explain, and kindly disable this unauthorized startup on your next update

    Because the new version of Outlook serves ads, and they can't sell your eyes to advertisers if you have the option to shut it off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-21T22:54:34+00:00

    A lot of people still seem to be having trouble stopping Outlook (new) from auto starting at bootup. I experimented and found a solution that DEFINITELY works (at least on Win 10). On May 8th I posted this:

    Disable Background Apps for BOTH Outlook (new) AND Mail and Calendar. You'll notice how you can switch between new Outlook and Mail/Calendar. My theory is that new Outlook still depends on Mail/Calendar and disabling Background Apps for both prevents Automatic startup of new Outlook.

    You'll find these options in Settings->Apps->(appname)->Advanced Options.

    I did this on May 8th and have had absolutely no problems since. Please try it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments