Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Hello,
Now I cannot find Outlook in the Apps and Features.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, the issue is simple:
after the update to New Outlook, it runs at boot time and I don't know how to disable this. Can't find any setting in the app or an entry in the Task Manager Boot tab.
Thanks,
Luca
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Hello,
Now I cannot find Outlook in the Apps and Features.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Extremely annoying. I particularly liked the description of the new version (that replaces the standard mail and calendar on Windows) as being much like a VIRUS. The only reason not to label it that way is because its an official MS product, but if it walks like a virus and talks like a virus then its...
Microsoft should be ashamed of themselves for using this approach to force advertising on us, but then how many times in the past have we said that? I have no interest in seeing Outlook (new) loading every time I log in, because I have an M365 license therefore always use what you might call the "full" version of Outlook that comes with it. Why would I want both running? Particularly when Outlook (new) is an improvement on the earlier products but still inferior to the M365 version.
Like others I see no evidence of it in all the normal startup places, MS have really worked hard to hide it (shame again).
I disabled both Outlook (new) and Mail/Calendar as background apps under Settings/Apps as suggested elsewhere (thanks) and am waiting to see if that works, if I don't report back then assume it has.
Mike Reed2 . I just followed your instructions for the same problem . It was driving me crazy . Thank you so much it worked like a charm .