Outlook (new): How to create a rule to auto-forward emails

Anonymous
2023-10-13T21:53:19+00:00

I recently upgraded to the new Outlook desktop app for Windows. Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.1004.400 (Production). Client Version is 20231006004.14.

In the old Outlook 365 I could set up a rule to automatically forward emails based on sender, subject, etc. I don't see how to do this in the new Outlook.

Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T17:30:18+00:00

    You are absolutley right. There are no ways in the "New Outlook" to create "Rules" to better organize one's emails, so therefore I use the "Classic Outlook" which gives me a lot more control over my incoming emails. As far as forwarding automatically, I haven't yet found that gem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T19:45:29+00:00

    That's not true. I am making rules all day long in the New Outlook. I did have trouble at first and there are some rules that don't seem to work for some reason but most of them are working. I wonder if it's the account type; why you're unable to use rules.

    I go to View

    View Settings

    Rules and start making them.

    I couldn't find a way to import them which is a bummer!

    And my version of the New Outlook is Business Basic

    Hope that helps.

    Traci

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T22:24:39+00:00

    Thank you Traci, I will give it a try. I have been trying since it came out and MS informed me it couldn't be done. Thanks again.

    Braden

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T22:25:49+00:00

    Thanks for responding. I have the family version. I worked for a long time with multiple "Experts" on both Geek Squad and Microsoft. Ultimately the Microsoft agent reinstated the Classic version because no one else could find the Rules settings on my Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-18T01:02:05+00:00

    You're welcome!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments