Outlook (new): How to create a rule to auto-forward emails

Anonymous
2023-10-13T21:53:19+00:00

I recently upgraded to the new Outlook desktop app for Windows. Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.1004.400 (Production). Client Version is 20231006004.14.

In the old Outlook 365 I could set up a rule to automatically forward emails based on sender, subject, etc. I don't see how to do this in the new Outlook.

Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T15:50:41+00:00

    Karl,

    I tried both "Repair" and "Reset." Neither one gave me the extra options that you showed in your screen shot.

    I have uninstalled the new Outlook and have reverted to Outlook from my Microsoft 365 subscription.

    Thanks for your help.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T18:34:58+00:00

    Hopefully someone else in the forum is familiar with why you are running into this with your install of the "new Outlook".- I have it installed on 3 different systems (both Win10 & Win11) and all three show the same options

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T16:16:55+00:00

    I have the same options Ed does.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T16:46:29+00:00

    Devin,

    Glad to see that I am not the only one!

    Thanks.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T11:46:36+00:00

    Hi,

    Same here. I created a separate post on this and got adviced to read this post. However, this is not resolved in this post if you ask me.

    I think the simple answer is that New outlook cannot handle rules for "external accounts" like Gmail or Yahoo that are added to the app. But it would be nice if MS could confirm this so that everybody knows.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/outlk_win-outtop_new-outsub_ofh/the-new-outlook-for-home-does-not-have-the-create/92c3938d-b437-41bb-a373-667ae77a531e?messageId=943bcab3-a968-44e1-a404-8901cd2c3240

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments