Outlook (new): How to create a rule to auto-forward emails

Anonymous
2023-10-13T21:53:19+00:00

I recently upgraded to the new Outlook desktop app for Windows. Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.1004.400 (Production). Client Version is 20231006004.14.

In the old Outlook 365 I could set up a rule to automatically forward emails based on sender, subject, etc. I don't see how to do this in the new Outlook.

Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T23:04:52+00:00

    Hello Ed_in_OR

    Hi, I'm Karl and will be happy to help you today.

    Just for the sake of accuracy, the "new Outlook" is not a replacement or upgrade of the Outlook desktop program (part of Office). Those are two entirely separate things

    That said, the way to create a forwarding rule is as shown in the attached screenshot

    • click on "View Settings:
    • select "Mail"
    • click on "rules:"

    https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/2bd24b00-9f74-4b08-adf0-835bf84e6239?platform=QnA

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help you further if needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T00:05:05+00:00

    Hi Karl,

    Thanks for the quick response.

    First, I'm a little confused by the difference between the new Outlook and Outlook 365. I was prompted in Outlook 365 to try the new Outlook so I thought it was an eventual replacement for Outlook 365 in Office 365. Guess I'll have to do a little more research on that.

    Now, as far as creating rules, my Outlook does not have the Rules page you showed in your screenshot. Here's what I see.

    Any thoughts on why I am missing the Rules choice along with several other choices from the menu you have?

    Thanks.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T00:34:52+00:00

    Just for the sake of accuracy, the "new Outlook" is not a replacement for the Outlook desktop program (part of Office), These are 2 entirely separate things. The "new Outlook" is essentially Outlook on the web in an app framework with the added option to add 3rd party IMAP email accounts. It does not support POP accounts or PST files.

    On your Windows Start menu, you will see two Outlook icons

    • "Outlook" to launch the Outlook desktop program
    • "Outlook new" to launch the "new Outlook" app

    #1 - Can you provide a screenshot of the mail Outlook window you are using and the steps you are following to get to this "settings" page just to confirm that we are referring to the same thing?

    #2 - Also, do you have any accounts currently configured in this "new Outlook". My screenshot is the same version as what you included i n your original post so trying to determine why you have missing options.

    Who is/are the email service provider (ESP) for the configured account(s). The portion of the email address that follows the @ character in the email address (i.e. @yahoo, @gmail @outlook etc). Please do not include the full email address since that will be blocked by the forum so no one will be able to see what you entered.

    I look forward to your response so we can proceed further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T00:58:31+00:00

    Karl,

    #1 Here's the screenshot. I am getting to this window by selecting View then View settings, then Mail.

    #2 I have two email accounts configured. Both are @gmail accounts.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T01:22:23+00:00

    Am assuming that both email addresses in the screenshot were burned out (as they should be) - just confirming.

    The only thing I can suggest is to repair and . or reset the "Outlook new" app

    If using Win 11

    Settings --> Apps --> Installed Apps --> select "Outlook New" --> click on the 3 horizontal dots --> Advanced Options --> first try "repair" and if that doesn't work - "reset"

    If using Windows 10

    Settings --> Apps --> Apps & Features --> select Outlook new --> Advanced options --> repair first and reset if required_

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments