Outlook (new): How to create a rule to auto-forward emails

Anonymous
2023-10-13T21:53:19+00:00

I recently upgraded to the new Outlook desktop app for Windows. Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.1004.400 (Production). Client Version is 20231006004.14.

In the old Outlook 365 I could set up a rule to automatically forward emails based on sender, subject, etc. I don't see how to do this in the new Outlook.

Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T06:06:26+00:00

    You need to have microsoft exchange to have a good time with new outlook. For IMAP you are missing a lot of functions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-18T16:29:35+00:00

    OHMYWORD you fixed it! I had no idea the "outlook (new)" and "outlook" were completely different! I've spent all morning re-setting up all my accounts in the "new" outlook. Just went to the other one and everything opened up like normal. THANK YOU!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-18T16:26:04+00:00

    I'm having the same problem! Stupid me went with Microsoft 365 when i got a new computer instead of the newest version of Office. I've had nothing but problems with Outlook! Now I can't set any rules. In looking at your pics, I don't have a "rules" option in my view settings. I've gone to the help section and all the help provided is for an older version of Microsoft 365 or outlook. And I have no way of going back to an older version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T20:54:53+00:00

    Same here. Will try swapping back to O365 version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T00:45:55+00:00

    I have Office 2021 Pro and the option to do rules on microsoft accounts is still there. But in the new Outlook, rules are missing.

    Microsoft Outlook 365 for comparison

    Image

    Version

    Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2311 Build 16.0.17029.20028) 64-bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments