Outlook (new): How to create a rule to auto-forward emails

Anonymous
2023-10-13T21:53:19+00:00

I recently upgraded to the new Outlook desktop app for Windows. Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.1004.400 (Production). Client Version is 20231006004.14.

In the old Outlook 365 I could set up a rule to automatically forward emails based on sender, subject, etc. I don't see how to do this in the new Outlook.

Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T11:46:36+00:00

    Hi,

    Same here. I created a separate post on this and got adviced to read this post. However, this is not resolved in this post if you ask me.

    I think the simple answer is that New outlook cannot handle rules for "external accounts" like Gmail or Yahoo that are added to the app. But it would be nice if MS could confirm this so that everybody knows.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/outlk_win-outtop_new-outsub_ofh/the-new-outlook-for-home-does-not-have-the-create/92c3938d-b437-41bb-a373-667ae77a531e?messageId=943bcab3-a968-44e1-a404-8901cd2c3240

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T00:05:05+00:00

    Hi Karl,

    Thanks for the quick response.

    First, I'm a little confused by the difference between the new Outlook and Outlook 365. I was prompted in Outlook 365 to try the new Outlook so I thought it was an eventual replacement for Outlook 365 in Office 365. Guess I'll have to do a little more research on that.

    Now, as far as creating rules, my Outlook does not have the Rules page you showed in your screenshot. Here's what I see.

    Any thoughts on why I am missing the Rules choice along with several other choices from the menu you have?

    Thanks.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T16:16:55+00:00

    I have the same options Ed does.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T23:04:52+00:00

    Hello Ed_in_OR

    Hi, I'm Karl and will be happy to help you today.

    Just for the sake of accuracy, the "new Outlook" is not a replacement or upgrade of the Outlook desktop program (part of Office). Those are two entirely separate things

    That said, the way to create a forwarding rule is as shown in the attached screenshot

    • click on "View Settings:
    • select "Mail"
    • click on "rules:"

    https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/2bd24b00-9f74-4b08-adf0-835bf84e6239?platform=QnA

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help you further if needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T16:46:29+00:00

    Devin,

    Glad to see that I am not the only one!

    Thanks.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments