I'm getting a message in New Outlook that says ""Delete copy of migrated data from Legacy Outlook to free up space."

Anonymous
2024-05-07T11:48:36+00:00

It also says, "Migrated data is available in New Outlook and can be accessed in On My Computer".

Is this a legitimate Outlook message?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T14:53:31+00:00

    Yes, as a Mac user too, I fully agree with this. It's so weird that when I delete emails or shift them into folders, they often download again... so I then need to delete them again. This never used to happen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T18:16:23+00:00

    What is the point of that message? Is it telling me that I am running out of memory? Also, there were nice features in the legacy version that you should incorporate into the new version. Like the views of day or week etc...why don't you incorporate those into the new version. It was so helpful.

    Also, many of my folders have disappeared in the Move Function - does that have anything to do with this message about the versions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-16T18:07:00+00:00

    Well... here we are in mid September and the original "Microsoft Agent | Moderator" has not replied to a single question after her initial (ambiguous) post. Many pertinent questions have been posted and everyone is still in the dark. Today, my CEO sent me a screenshot of this prompt and is asking me what she should do. As an MCSE I feel abused, Microsoft has dropped the ball for professionals again. We are not consumers, we are a corporate business and need effective guidance, And yes, real businesses do have Mac products in the mix.

    HEY MICROSOFT: What should I tell my CEO??

    1. Go ahead and delete your old data and hope you lose nothing.
    2. No, don't delete, just ignore that annoying prompt every day for the rest of your Outlook life.
    3. Ask someone else, your Sr. IT Manager doesn't have a clue.

    I use Outlook on Windows and tried switching to the "New Outlook" recently and immediately switched back to legacy. Honestly, I don't know how MS can punitively impact their business customers so regularly and remain popular.

    Any updates from the community- the people who are directly impacted by these bad decisions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T17:42:51+00:00

    I don't know where the "On my computer" folder is - on a Macbook Pro with Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T18:04:23+00:00

    No one knows...it's a secret.

    Jokes apart, I have been looking for clarity since the post began. Reported some observations where it helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments