I'm getting a message in New Outlook that says ""Delete copy of migrated data from Legacy Outlook to free up space."

Anonymous
2024-05-07T11:48:36+00:00

It also says, "Migrated data is available in New Outlook and can be accessed in On My Computer".

Is this a legitimate Outlook message?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T08:56:18+00:00

    Hello before I delete can I review the data there may be something I want to save i know there are a few old emails that are very important and if they are in that bucket it would amazing!!! Also I'm not sure how to access the "On My Computer Folder" on my Mac. Would it be easier to view from my desktop which has a Microsoft operating system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T08:57:41+00:00

    Hello before I delete can I review the data there may be something I want to save i know there are a few old emails that are very important and if they are in that bucket it would amazing!!! Also I'm not sure how to access the "On My Computer Folder" on my Mac. Would it be easier to view from my desktop which has a Microsoft operating system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T02:47:36+00:00

    Dear Sherry,

    Firstly to confirm your claim "When you migrate data from Legacy Outlook to New Outlook, a copy of the data is stored on your computer" please advise where is the copy of the data stored, please?

    Secondly, currently there is nothing in the "On My Computer" New Outlook folders, is there supposed to be something there before I delete the migrated data files? If so why isn't it there already?

    Also, I don't understand how deleting some data from one place and moving it to another place (note my comment above there is currently nothing in the On My Computer files) can free up computer space, please explain that.

    Lastly, what if my computer has plenty of space and I don't need to free any of it up, how can I turn off this notification that is exceedingly annoying?

    Lastly the functionality of Outlook for iOS is very poor, searching is almost non-existent, I find it easier to use Mail on my iPhone to find an old message rather than use Outlook.

    I think it would be better if you improved the performance and functionality of the New Outlook rather than worry about space on my computer.

    Thank you,

    Martin

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T09:39:49+00:00

    Yes, that's a good comment, Martin H. As far as I know, Sherry and her colleagues have done nothing about these problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-18T21:24:15+00:00

    I opened a ticket with Microsoft support. Their reply is quite unbelievable:

    "This is Christian from Microsoft 365 for Business. As for your question what is happening here. We do not know at the moment. However, you may want to create a new Outlook for Mac Profile to see if this will resolve the issue. Please see thisĀ linkfor doing the Outlook profile"

    That implies that they have no documentation of this alert having been written into their code. I'd say that maybe it's been taken over by AI, but that wouldn't explain why Microsoft 365/OneDrive/Sharepoint/Teams, etc. is such a hot mess!

    Seriously scratching my head here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments