I'm getting a message in New Outlook that says ""Delete copy of migrated data from Legacy Outlook to free up space."

Anonymous
2024-05-07T11:48:36+00:00

It also says, "Migrated data is available in New Outlook and can be accessed in On My Computer".

Is this a legitimate Outlook message?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T20:53:06+00:00

    Yes, agreed. It's not good that they haven't fixed this yet. I don't think they understand the problem at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-30T17:02:02+00:00

    I've held my tongue about Microsoft during this discussion, but I just need to share my most recent response to a Microsoft Outlook "Having Trouble" request for feedback:

    New Outlook for the Mac is a stinking POS. I’ve had 2 chronic bugs:

    1. a brackets+number appended to downloaded document names,
    2. A situation where I send an email and then it re-appears in my Inbox as a Draft, fooling me into sending it again,

    for OVER A YEAR!!!!

    And your POS tech support can’t even track the issue to my main email address - [removed] - because your tracking system SUCKS!!

    And it auto-closes each issue, without resolving it, after a few days of inaction, usually including a weekend where I’m not paying attention.

    And you don’t share the ticket number with me when I open it, so I can’t request them to re-open the old one. So the knucklehead tech rep in Asia just recommends the same 4-5 useless “fixes” that don’t work until they finally fess up that it’s a known issue and the fix is “on the roadmap”.

    If you could manage to review my tech tickets from the past year you’ll find this pattern repeating - uninformed responses, no successful fix, confession of guilt to a known bug, a promise to fix "sometime in the future, auto-close with no organizational memory.

    JUST HOW MUCH CAN YOU POSSIBLY SUCK!?!?!? Even for Microsoft, this has been an exceptional performance…

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-01T18:34:41+00:00

    What about on Mac?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-01T19:03:36+00:00

    My original query was for the Mac...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T03:33:36+00:00

    I am amazed this "Delete copy of migrated data from Legacy Outlook" dialog is so poorly explained. My question concerning this is Outlook moving data from my personal email account server over to Microsoft servers leaving me unable to access my personal emails except through Microsoft? Also, is this migration storing a copy of all my messages on Microsoft servers? The dialog sure makes me think this may be the case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments