I'm getting a message in New Outlook that says ""Delete copy of migrated data from Legacy Outlook to free up space."

Anonymous
2024-05-07T11:48:36+00:00

It also says, "Migrated data is available in New Outlook and can be accessed in On My Computer".

Is this a legitimate Outlook message?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T08:57:41+00:00

    Hello before I delete can I review the data there may be something I want to save i know there are a few old emails that are very important and if they are in that bucket it would amazing!!! Also I'm not sure how to access the "On My Computer Folder" on my Mac. Would it be easier to view from my desktop which has a Microsoft operating system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T08:56:18+00:00

    Hello before I delete can I review the data there may be something I want to save i know there are a few old emails that are very important and if they are in that bucket it would amazing!!! Also I'm not sure how to access the "On My Computer Folder" on my Mac. Would it be easier to view from my desktop which has a Microsoft operating system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T03:33:36+00:00

    I am amazed this "Delete copy of migrated data from Legacy Outlook" dialog is so poorly explained. My question concerning this is Outlook moving data from my personal email account server over to Microsoft servers leaving me unable to access my personal emails except through Microsoft? Also, is this migration storing a copy of all my messages on Microsoft servers? The dialog sure makes me think this may be the case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-01T19:03:36+00:00

    My original query was for the Mac...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-01T18:34:41+00:00

    What about on Mac?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments