I'm getting a message in New Outlook that says ""Delete copy of migrated data from Legacy Outlook to free up space."

Anonymous
2024-05-07T11:48:36+00:00

It also says, "Migrated data is available in New Outlook and can be accessed in On My Computer".

Is this a legitimate Outlook message?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-25T12:27:23+00:00

    Microsoft could care less about those of us who pay for subscriptions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T09:39:49+00:00

    Yes, that's a good comment, Martin H. As far as I know, Sherry and her colleagues have done nothing about these problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T08:57:41+00:00

    Hello before I delete can I review the data there may be something I want to save i know there are a few old emails that are very important and if they are in that bucket it would amazing!!! Also I'm not sure how to access the "On My Computer Folder" on my Mac. Would it be easier to view from my desktop which has a Microsoft operating system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T08:56:18+00:00

    Hello before I delete can I review the data there may be something I want to save i know there are a few old emails that are very important and if they are in that bucket it would amazing!!! Also I'm not sure how to access the "On My Computer Folder" on my Mac. Would it be easier to view from my desktop which has a Microsoft operating system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T20:33:14+00:00

    I have seen no progress from Microsoft Support yet. In the past week they asked me to record a video of what was happening on my Mac. I told them that this was not completely possible as what happens when I do the copy deletion is my Mac slowly runs out of application memory over the course of 2+ hours and then crashes. I did record and send to them a few short video "snapshots" (MS Support has a file upload limit of 25 MB) of my application memory (as shown in Activity Monitor) running lower and lower before my Mac again crashed. Fortunately I had time to do this over the Memorial day weekend, when I wasn't working and could spend time doing this while watching basketball games.

    Anyway, my recommendation to people who haven't migrated to New Outlook yet: don't do it until Microsoft addresses these issues!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments