How do I preview a wav file in the new outlook without having to download the file?

Anonymous
2024-01-19T13:42:02+00:00

When I switched from the old Outlook to the new Outlook, I no longer have the ability to preview voicemails sent as wav files. Instead, I am prompted to save to OneDrive or download the file.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T16:02:06+00:00

    If you are seeing only seeing the Download and Save to OneDrive options then you have likely enabled this Toggle:
    Image

    Which will move you from the installed Desktop Application to the new Universal Application that is internet based... When you do this you are accessing your e-mail from Outlook.com via an app installed on your computer.

    IMPORTANT: This web-based access does not (currently) have the ability to preview files.

    If you turn this back off you will regain your ability to preview without downloading (as long as the settings discussed are set correctly)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T18:36:22+00:00

    my outlook version is the "new Outlook" from Microsoft store

    there is no switch to choose new or old style

    neither the File and other mentioned options you count

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-16T18:41:38+00:00

    my outlook version is the "new Outlook" from Microsoft store

    there is no switch to choose new or old style

    neither the File and other mentioned options you count

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-23T19:31:13+00:00

    I did this. Did not work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T17:24:22+00:00

    They have recently (past couple days) taken this option off. For now you can go under Settings >General > About Outlook and click on the Open Mail and it will take you back to the old version. I am not sure how long this will last though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments