How do I preview a wav file in the new outlook without having to download the file?

Anonymous
2024-01-19T13:42:02+00:00

When I switched from the old Outlook to the new Outlook, I no longer have the ability to preview voicemails sent as wav files. Instead, I am prompted to save to OneDrive or download the file.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-29T19:56:40+00:00

    I am also facing this with some of my managed service customers. It's a significant problem - yes, it's in Windows with the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T17:05:53+00:00

    So is it something that Microsoft has pushed an update or something of some kind that has caused this issue is there any document that says when was this done

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T17:04:13+00:00

    Same problem, only on "New" Outlook, trying to listen to wav files from our voicemail system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-15T20:46:27+00:00

    I did some testing. On Outlook (new) we're able to preview .mp3 files just fine. I then took that exact same file, converted into a .wav file and now I cannot preview it. I took screenshots of both. I also went into the default app settings on my Windows 11 machine and both apps are set to Windows Media Player. Is there anyway to add the preview option based on file type for Outlook (new)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T13:22:29+00:00

    How did you get Previewer to come up in the new outlook, cannot find that and/or add-ins either. Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments