How do I preview a wav file in the new outlook without having to download the file?

Anonymous
2024-01-19T13:42:02+00:00

When I switched from the old Outlook to the new Outlook, I no longer have the ability to preview voicemails sent as wav files. Instead, I am prompted to save to OneDrive or download the file.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T15:52:46+00:00

    Dear Jonathan Riley

    Thanks for choosing Microsoft Community.

    Based on your description, I know your consult. For this, in outlook for IOS, there is no such feature can do this. So sorry to bring you inconvenience.

    I know sometimes it is really inconvenient for users. I can understand your mood. Thanks for bring this to Microsoft Community. Since I think your idea is really constructive. I will report this to Microsoft as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I sincerely suggest you post this precious suggestion to Microsoft. Microsoft will update their product based on customers' suggestions. Believe your suggestion will help many other people in the future. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

    Here is our official URL to submit your suggestion: Microsoft feedback portal

    Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

    Sincerely,

    Katherine

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T16:25:48+00:00

    This was in Windows, not on IOS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-23T13:20:31+00:00

    Its a windows issue not iOS. It started happening a few weeks ago. This a bad problem for voicemail attachments and is crushing my 3000 users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-23T16:12:05+00:00

    Dear Jonathan Riley,

    So sorry for typing wrong, also for new outlook for mac, we cannot do this.

    So please provide the Feedback to Microsoft.

    And I will report to Microsoft now.

    So sorry for bring you this inconvenience.

    Have a nice day.

    Sincerely

    Katherine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T15:22:29+00:00

    You are still wrong... I have the same issue. It is not iOS or MacOS. It is Windows.

    While using a PC, Windows 11, the "new" Outlook.

    I used to be able to listen to a .wav file in outlook. Now i am forced to download it instead of just being able to listen to it in outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments