How do I preview a wav file in the new outlook without having to download the file?

Anonymous
2024-01-19T13:42:02+00:00

When I switched from the old Outlook to the new Outlook, I no longer have the ability to preview voicemails sent as wav files. Instead, I am prompted to save to OneDrive or download the file.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T17:04:13+00:00

    Same problem, only on "New" Outlook, trying to listen to wav files from our voicemail system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T17:05:53+00:00

    So is it something that Microsoft has pushed an update or something of some kind that has caused this issue is there any document that says when was this done

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-29T19:56:40+00:00

    I am also facing this with some of my managed service customers. It's a significant problem - yes, it's in Windows with the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T15:22:29+00:00

    You are still wrong... I have the same issue. It is not iOS or MacOS. It is Windows.

    While using a PC, Windows 11, the "new" Outlook.

    I used to be able to listen to a .wav file in outlook. Now i am forced to download it instead of just being able to listen to it in outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-23T16:12:05+00:00

    Dear Jonathan Riley,

    So sorry for typing wrong, also for new outlook for mac, we cannot do this.

    So please provide the Feedback to Microsoft.

    And I will report to Microsoft now.

    So sorry for bring you this inconvenience.

    Have a nice day.

    Sincerely

    Katherine

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments