How do I preview a wav file in the new outlook without having to download the file?

Anonymous
2024-01-19T13:42:02+00:00

When I switched from the old Outlook to the new Outlook, I no longer have the ability to preview voicemails sent as wav files. Instead, I am prompted to save to OneDrive or download the file.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T15:23:47+00:00

    I hope Microsoft is listening. Nobody at my organization is using the new Outlook, which has some really great enhancements, due to not being able to listen to voicemails through Outlook. That on problem alone is enough to stick with the older version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T12:58:40+00:00

    This has been a pretty debilitating issue for months now. I'm a little disappointed it hasn't gotten resolved in some way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T15:54:39+00:00

    There is no option to preview the file on windows either...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T01:23:05+00:00

    @SchoolITPro Thank you for your time posting this, I have not tried the fix as yet, but appreciate your effort.

    I'm sure that if it does not work for our organisation, it will be because of some setting.

    Cheers,

    Matt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T04:41:28+00:00

    I found a solution, for the outlook (new) 2021 version. at the top left hand side where it says home view or help

    you need to click on the help button and there will be a way to revert back to the old outlook.

    I now have the ability to preview wav. files again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments