How do I preview a wav file in the new outlook without having to download the file?

Anonymous
2024-01-19T13:42:02+00:00

When I switched from the old Outlook to the new Outlook, I no longer have the ability to preview voicemails sent as wav files. Instead, I am prompted to save to OneDrive or download the file.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T19:35:36+00:00

    This whole topic is about opening WAV files in the New Outlook client...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T16:17:20+00:00

    THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS WORKED! I'm able to listen in the classic Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-21T01:18:34+00:00

    I found a solution for this today, worked for me when I tested it and my end user who requested a fix.

    I went to default app settings and changed the default for .wav to the legacy Windows media player. It was the newer version of media player before I changed it. After closing and reopening Outlook it worked.

    Nope, this did not change the New Outlook behavior for me. After closing and reopening New Outlook and single-clicking on the WAV attachment, I still get the immediate Save As dialog; if I click the drop-down arrow on the attachment, my only options are Save to OneDrive, Copy, and Save As.

    What version of the New Outlook are you and your end user running?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T12:58:40+00:00

    This has been a pretty debilitating issue for months now. I'm a little disappointed it hasn't gotten resolved in some way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T15:54:39+00:00

    There is no option to preview the file on windows either...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments