Conditional formatting of Calender in new Outlook

Anonymous
2024-05-20T12:06:43+00:00

Hi,

At my company we have switched to the new Outlook version.
I am now trying to find a way to categorize the outlook calendar in similar way as in previous version. Then I could add contitional formatting on the categories (person, workd ertc) and get a good overview in my calendar.

I can not find this functionality anynore

It is not sufficient to right klick on a meeting and change category manually.

Greatful if you can support in this question, it really helps my efficiency.

Best Regards Karin

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T13:58:46+00:00

    I am a project manager and use the formatting on my calendar so I can see which meetings are for which projects. This is one of the most useful features in the Outlook for project managers and others that have a lot of meetings and need a way to organize them . I strongly urge Microsoft not force a cut over to the new Outlook until this feature is available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-20T23:54:55+00:00

    Yes, allowing rules for conditional formatting of calendar entries is imperative.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-01T22:29:19+00:00

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-conditional-formatting-to-give-your-calendar-a-visual-refresh-5747189a-370a-4660-92f0-09bff438e4e3  this page tells you it is relevant to Outlook 2024.

    "Applies To Outlook for Microsoft 365 Outlook 2024 Outlook 2021 Outlook 2019 Outlook 2016 Outlook 2013"

    It needs an update to show that this is currently unavailable, so people don't spend so much time SEARCHING FOR IT

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-04T13:52:02+00:00

    I currently use this feature in the current Outlook but it is not available in the "New Outlook" At least not when I tried it a few weeks ago. Please confirm that this option has been added to the new Outlook.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-07T20:52:38+00:00

    I am also looking into this option, Please provide an ETA of when this will be resolved as I see there has been many requests for this lost attribute since the upgrade. thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments