Conditional formatting of Calender in new Outlook

Anonymous
2024-05-20T12:06:43+00:00

Hi,

At my company we have switched to the new Outlook version.
I am now trying to find a way to categorize the outlook calendar in similar way as in previous version. Then I could add contitional formatting on the categories (person, workd ertc) and get a good overview in my calendar.

I can not find this functionality anynore

It is not sufficient to right klick on a meeting and change category manually.

Greatful if you can support in this question, it really helps my efficiency.

Best Regards Karin

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T19:31:57+00:00

    Microsoft has not responded, non have I seen any updates anywhere else on the Calendar conditional formatting feature and I am getting very concerned. If anyone who sees this thread works at Microsoft or knows someone that works at Microsoft can you please ask for an update? Myself and many others (as you can see from the responses) are waiting for this feature before we can use the new Outlook.

    Please feel free to reply to this thread if you are interested in seeing this feature added to the new Outlook. The more responses Microsoft sees the more likely they will keep the Calendar conditional formatting feature in the new Outlook.

    Thanks in advance for all your help.

    Wayne

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T11:01:33+00:00

    Any updates here Microsoft Support?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-18T20:39:46+00:00

    Please bring this feature back. I have been colour coding my calendar for years so I can quickly glance at it and know exactly what's going on instantly. I can also use the shortcut text to automatically apply the colour when making a calendar appointment.

    This feature is so critical to my workflow that I feel lost without it and I cant believe its not been added.

    Can I go back with my laptop to Outlook 2016 which I have on my desktop and where its working jsut fine?

    This is a pretty please with cherries on top - I really need this feature to be working.

    Is it ever coming back......???

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T23:54:12+00:00

    Exactly the thing I wanted conditional formatting for, as Focus Time is no longer green. Bad enough that I can't categorise my calendar automatically due to this feature being missed on the New Outlook - but removing the auto-colouring for focus time, adds insult to injury. Appears this was first requested/raised with Microsoft in May last year. We are now many months down the track and still missing this (and many other) key features that were available, and heavily used in Classic Outlook and missed by Devs when creating New Outlook. Please rectify this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-03T12:21:23+00:00

    This feature is quoted in multiple places as the workaround for Viva Insights no longer automatically showing focus time as green.

    This effectively means you removed a feature AND the workaround!

    Viva Focus Time Category - Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments