Conditional formatting of Calender in new Outlook

Anonymous
2024-05-20T12:06:43+00:00

Hi,

At my company we have switched to the new Outlook version.
I am now trying to find a way to categorize the outlook calendar in similar way as in previous version. Then I could add contitional formatting on the categories (person, workd ertc) and get a good overview in my calendar.

I can not find this functionality anynore

It is not sufficient to right klick on a meeting and change category manually.

Greatful if you can support in this question, it really helps my efficiency.

Best Regards Karin

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-06T08:10:00+00:00

    This is spot on!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-06T03:08:53+00:00

    I'm new to the party as the new outlook popped up on my desktop just today. I haven't seen anything from moderators other than teaching how to conditional format for inbox rather than calendar, and moderators telling people to waste even more time repeating feedback that is being given here for over a year. As others have mentioned before, a new version of a product should never give users less features than its predecessor. Also, these features were already there; it's not like anyone is asking you to code something brand new into the program.

    The new version is visually pleasing and has good user interface, but this comes at the cost of important functions which streamlined the workflow of those of us who have a packed calendar. This is not just disappointing but also insulting considering that companies pay per user so that employees can have useful tools within MS for email, calendar, and teams. Your largest market with outlook is organisational (I personally don't know anyone who uses outlook as their primary personal email), and so far you don't have much competition in this area. But as someone whose work depends on customer relationships and client satisfaction, it does not look good that Microsoft has been ignoring all feedback provided here for the last 12 months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-09T07:01:59+00:00

    It would be nice, if MS could confirm, if they are bringing back the conditional formatting! And if so, a timeline would be lovely.
    I keep using the old Outlook until they do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T17:05:51+00:00

    Yes, please add conditional formatting back to Outlook Calendar. Imperative!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T10:15:45+00:00

    I also need this feature please add.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments