Templates Missing in New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-04-16T07:14:08+00:00

I am using the "New Outlook" on a Windows desktop.

The main issue I am having is I no longer have access to "Templates" or "My Templates".

I used to be able to insert templates when I was writing a new email.

Secondly I don't appear to be able to access "Add Ins".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-16T12:21:34+00:00

    That is an option, but it seems very limited. You can only create very basic templates.

    I have not found a way to create a template that inserts email address, subject line, attachments, or formatting. This is great for a quick reply, but I would use the Quick Steps options in the top ribbon on the Home tab for a one step action.

    Have you found a way to have the View Templates add-on to add those previously listed items I mentioned?

    (Sorry if I'm just being dumb about this. I have tried every thing I could find and think of to get this working and I was the steps I mentioned a couple of posts back. ): )

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-24T23:20:58+00:00

    Well, this is horrendous. It was so much easier on Old Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-27T11:32:01+00:00

    It's possible to create a template in the new app My Templates. However, it's not possible to have a pre-populated list of receivers. Why is every version getting worse with Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T21:27:58+00:00

    Found my answer finally - connected experiences have to be enabled. Turn on optional connected experiences is enabled in your setting. To do so, go to Settings or Gear icon-->General-->Privacy Settings-->make sure that Turn on Optional connected experiences is enabled.

    My "View Templates" button and disappeared templates are now back and available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T11:48:44+00:00

    It's not the same, it does not support a pre-defined send list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments