Templates Missing in New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-04-16T07:14:08+00:00

I am using the "New Outlook" on a Windows desktop.

The main issue I am having is I no longer have access to "Templates" or "My Templates".

I used to be able to insert templates when I was writing a new email.

Secondly I don't appear to be able to access "Add Ins".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T22:07:12+00:00

    That does not work for the web based Outlook. Why did you delete the template feature with the updated version? Makes no sense.

    The only option is a third party add in and they all say they have access to every email..

    Come on Microsoft!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T14:08:05+00:00

    Hey there! I'm not sure if you ever found a resolution. I couldn't get the Templates add-in to work but you can still get your template files that you made with a sort of work around. (Sorry if you already knew this, I wasn't sure if this might be helpful or not!)

    1. On your Home tab in Outlook, click New Items
    2. Click More Items
    3. Click Choose Form...
    4. On the top drop down, select User Templates in File System

    There, you should be able to see your templates that you've made and you can select them from there! I know it isn't ideal, but I do hope this helps you or even someone else!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T07:23:40+00:00

    Hello Eleni,

    The problem with my outlook seems to be that i m not able to find an app called "My Templates" when I try to search using add apps command.

    can you help me out here.

    Regards,
    Kota

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T06:01:38+00:00

    To access your email templates in the new Outlook, follow the steps below:

    1. When composing a new message, go to the "Insert" tab.
    2. Click "Apps"
    3. Click "My Templates"

    Your email templates will show up like how it used to. Templates are still there, just with extra steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-07T20:03:54+00:00

    When composing email on the main ribbon in Add-ins group click on Apps, small window will appear with extra apps available, right click on desired app and click on pin. It's worked for me just fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments