Templates Missing in New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-04-16T07:14:08+00:00

I am using the "New Outlook" on a Windows desktop.

The main issue I am having is I no longer have access to "Templates" or "My Templates".

I used to be able to insert templates when I was writing a new email.

Secondly I don't appear to be able to access "Add Ins".

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T13:38:37+00:00

    WHICH side pane, where. can you include screenshots?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T16:13:32+00:00

    I do not have the More Apps option

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T16:06:01+00:00

    This is not correct. It was previously possible to save an email as a template file with attachments if required. This file could then be accessed in a similar manner to how templates are accessed in Word. The steps you have described appear to just work for blocks of text - and there is a limit on that as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T14:15:21+00:00

    No, this does not solve the problem. The templates are not the same as in legacy Outlook, e.g. you cannot have a pre-defined list of recipients.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T14:02:28+00:00

    This the the solution! THANK YOU!!!!

    As mentioned:

    1. Go to FILE > the click OPTIONS.
    2. Click the GENERAL tab and scroll down to PRIVACY SETINGS.
    3. In the box that says OPTIONAL CONNECTED EXPERIENCES, uncheck the the TURN ON OPTIONAL CONNECTED EXPERIENCES checkbox.
    4. Then, click OK. A warning box will appear. Click OK.
    5. Close out of Outlook entirely.
    6. Reopen Outlook. Repeat steps 1-3, but this time recheck the checkbox that says TURN ON OPTIONAL CONNECTED EXPERIENCES.
    7. Close out of Outlook once again.
    8. Reopen Outlook and Voila!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments