I am trying to find the file tab in Outlook. Please do not refer me to previous answers to this question; they are not helpful.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T14:24:45+00:00

I am trying to find the file tab in Outlook. Please do not refer me to previous answers to this question; they are not helpful.

This is the precise issue: I used to be able to change text format in email using Outlook 365 (bold text, italics etc) It is no longer allowing me to do this and everything is in plain text.

I have found instructions to change back to HTML text, but they all say go to the 'file tab'. I cannot find the file tab.

When I looked at previous questions on this site asking 'where is the file tab in Outlook 365, someone responds: 'There is no file tab on 365'.

If this is the case, how did I lose HTML text in my emails in the first place, and is there really no way to bring it back?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2024-08-31T01:29:25+00:00

The File tab is only in classic Outlook desktop software that is installed with Office desktop software, it is not in new Outlook for Windows or in Outlook on the web or Outlook PWA. Settings are available from View tab > View settings in those apps.... but they do not have most of the settings you'll find in classic Outlook.

Where is File tab in Outlook? - Outlook Tips (outlook-tips.net)

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T13:49:14+00:00

    Definately not user friendly looking at tutorials I wanted to add another time zome and everybody said go to files, nowhere to be found i cant believe how much time I’ve wasted just looking for that option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-30T16:41:43+00:00

    I cannot believe that the response did not answer the direct question:

    WHERE IS THE FILE TAB IN OUTLOOK!???

    I don't care what people want to do with their outlook after finding the file tab (we all want to use it for different things) - WHERE IS IT? ANSWER THE QUESTION PLEASE!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-30T18:13:57+00:00

    yes i want to do this exact thing!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-31T01:05:51+00:00

    I cannot find an answer to "Where is the File tab in the new Outlook".

    This is my solution - go back to the old outlook by clicking HELP and selecting "Go to classic Outlook"

    The "File" menu item shows up in the old classic menu.

    Reluctantly - you can switch forward again with "Try the new Outlook" < this is optional.

    MJ6

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments