I am trying to find the file tab in Outlook. Please do not refer me to previous answers to this question; they are not helpful.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T14:24:45+00:00

I am trying to find the file tab in Outlook. Please do not refer me to previous answers to this question; they are not helpful.

This is the precise issue: I used to be able to change text format in email using Outlook 365 (bold text, italics etc) It is no longer allowing me to do this and everything is in plain text.

I have found instructions to change back to HTML text, but they all say go to the 'file tab'. I cannot find the file tab.

When I looked at previous questions on this site asking 'where is the file tab in Outlook 365, someone responds: 'There is no file tab on 365'.

If this is the case, how did I lose HTML text in my emails in the first place, and is there really no way to bring it back?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2024-08-31T01:29:25+00:00

The File tab is only in classic Outlook desktop software that is installed with Office desktop software, it is not in new Outlook for Windows or in Outlook on the web or Outlook PWA. Settings are available from View tab > View settings in those apps.... but they do not have most of the settings you'll find in classic Outlook.

Where is File tab in Outlook? - Outlook Tips (outlook-tips.net)

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T18:29:34+00:00

    Hi,

    How can I find the "File" folder to update my signature block?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T16:19:28+00:00

    I'm also trying to find the "File" tab in new Outlook. I want to be able to open attachments in apps, not in preview. All the instructions I found from Microsoft says to do this by going to File - Options - Trust Center ... without saying how to find File, Options or Trust Center in new Outlook.

    TIA for any information that will help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T11:29:45+00:00

    what a waist of time response to not solving the question. why is this so complicated ..

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T16:10:19+00:00

    Hello? Microsoft? Is anyone home?

    HOW DO YOU FIND FILE IN OUTLOOK?!

    FIX THIS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments