I am trying to find the file tab in Outlook. Please do not refer me to previous answers to this question; they are not helpful.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T14:24:45+00:00

I am trying to find the file tab in Outlook. Please do not refer me to previous answers to this question; they are not helpful.

This is the precise issue: I used to be able to change text format in email using Outlook 365 (bold text, italics etc) It is no longer allowing me to do this and everything is in plain text.

I have found instructions to change back to HTML text, but they all say go to the 'file tab'. I cannot find the file tab.

When I looked at previous questions on this site asking 'where is the file tab in Outlook 365, someone responds: 'There is no file tab on 365'.

If this is the case, how did I lose HTML text in my emails in the first place, and is there really no way to bring it back?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2024-08-31T01:29:25+00:00

The File tab is only in classic Outlook desktop software that is installed with Office desktop software, it is not in new Outlook for Windows or in Outlook on the web or Outlook PWA. Settings are available from View tab > View settings in those apps.... but they do not have most of the settings you'll find in classic Outlook.

Where is File tab in Outlook? - Outlook Tips (outlook-tips.net)

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-02T17:45:54+00:00

    I want the File Tab back, so how do we get it?

    Or, can I revert back to the Classic Outlook please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-26T15:43:26+00:00

    Then how do I find my Data Files, and change my Defualt email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-04T12:57:53+00:00

    Finally!

    If you Google "how to stop autocorrect in Outlook 365, you'll get a million pages and videos advising to go about it by the old tab. None of them suggest this method.

    Microsoft has gone from making it intuitive to making it very hard to find. And guidance on the web is inadequate.

    But thanks, as that finally does fix it for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-04T12:46:48+00:00

    You need to open the Editor options.

    Start a new message (or a reply) - then on options tab, click on the Editor icon on the left. Then Editor options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments