I am trying to find the file tab in Outlook. Please do not refer me to previous answers to this question; they are not helpful.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T14:24:45+00:00

I am trying to find the file tab in Outlook. Please do not refer me to previous answers to this question; they are not helpful.

This is the precise issue: I used to be able to change text format in email using Outlook 365 (bold text, italics etc) It is no longer allowing me to do this and everything is in plain text.

I have found instructions to change back to HTML text, but they all say go to the 'file tab'. I cannot find the file tab.

When I looked at previous questions on this site asking 'where is the file tab in Outlook 365, someone responds: 'There is no file tab on 365'.

If this is the case, how did I lose HTML text in my emails in the first place, and is there really no way to bring it back?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2024-08-31T01:29:25+00:00

The File tab is only in classic Outlook desktop software that is installed with Office desktop software, it is not in new Outlook for Windows or in Outlook on the web or Outlook PWA. Settings are available from View tab > View settings in those apps.... but they do not have most of the settings you'll find in classic Outlook.

Where is File tab in Outlook? - Outlook Tips (outlook-tips.net)

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-11-27T15:49:02+00:00

    Do you have any tabs across the top, similar to my second screenshot? (You wont have the vertical bar on the left with the mail, calendar buttons in 2013.) Can you post a screenshot of what you do see?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T15:24:31+00:00

    I am trying to find the 'File' tab in Classic Outlook in order to view .pst files sent to me via the Import/Export facility. I have Outlook on my desktop as part of Office 2013 (which I wish to retain - I do not want 365) and I have tried all the options on the various threads but there is no File tab displayed anywhere. I have also tried via New Outlook and have the same problem - there is no File tab.

    If I try and open the .pst files via Explorer it says I must open through Outlook but IT APPEARS THERE IS NO FACILITY TO DO SO. How do I access the files, please? And don't refer me back to other answers - I've tried them all.

    Thank you

    LIzziev

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-11-16T04:02:10+00:00

    Are you using a business account or outlook.com consumer account? The option to create a teams event is limited to the business accounts right now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T23:45:39+00:00

    I have NEW outlook. It is not letting me create a Teams meeting in a calendar event. And if I go to Teams it doesn't integrate with my contacts from Outlook.

    So how SPECIFICALLY do I get and install the Teams Add-on in NEW outlook when all online instructions helpfully point me to the File tab that doesn't exist!

    I am a Microsoft 365 user. When do I get to experience the 365 part of it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments