I am trying to find the file tab in Outlook. Please do not refer me to previous answers to this question; they are not helpful.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T14:24:45+00:00

I am trying to find the file tab in Outlook. Please do not refer me to previous answers to this question; they are not helpful.

This is the precise issue: I used to be able to change text format in email using Outlook 365 (bold text, italics etc) It is no longer allowing me to do this and everything is in plain text.

I have found instructions to change back to HTML text, but they all say go to the 'file tab'. I cannot find the file tab.

When I looked at previous questions on this site asking 'where is the file tab in Outlook 365, someone responds: 'There is no file tab on 365'.

If this is the case, how did I lose HTML text in my emails in the first place, and is there really no way to bring it back?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Diane Poremsky MVP 17,541 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2024-08-31T01:29:25+00:00

The File tab is only in classic Outlook desktop software that is installed with Office desktop software, it is not in new Outlook for Windows or in Outlook on the web or Outlook PWA. Settings are available from View tab > View settings in those apps.... but they do not have most of the settings you'll find in classic Outlook.

Where is File tab in Outlook? - Outlook Tips (outlook-tips.net)

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T16:10:19+00:00

    Hello? Microsoft? Is anyone home?

    HOW DO YOU FIND FILE IN OUTLOOK?!

    FIX THIS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-09T03:02:27+00:00

    I am trying to find my sent emails. They are not in the sent folder. When I look up how to find them, it says to go to file - options - mail -.... etc. But there is no "file' tab on outlook. How do I get there?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-30T16:41:43+00:00

    I cannot believe that the response did not answer the direct question:

    WHERE IS THE FILE TAB IN OUTLOOK!???

    I don't care what people want to do with their outlook after finding the file tab (we all want to use it for different things) - WHERE IS IT? ANSWER THE QUESTION PLEASE!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T13:29:15+00:00

    Hello,

    I've had the same question regarding "File" tab, but with another goal - to set default pasting settings to "keep the original format". I was able to set it in word, but would need to do the same in Outlook - it's very annoying - to keep on adjusting the different fonts and styles in the text of an email from all copy-pasted sources manually. I know there is a button "Switch to plain text", but it switches the whole email into plain text, even my signature, which I am not pasting manually and which has to stay in its own format.

    Could you please advise? This Outlook is not the best product you've created there guys...

    Many thanks!

    Yuliana

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments