Hyperlink not showing up in New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-05-17T20:56:32+00:00

I am having a problem with Hyperlink not showing up with new outlook. Whenever there is an email that comes with hyperlink on it ,sometime it comes with clickable link sometime it is not clickable at all .

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-06T14:22:19+00:00

    Same here...this is not an option on my Outlook mail settings

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T18:01:13+00:00

    Tried everything on this thread so far. Nothing works. Hyperlinks are still just static text.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-27T18:12:02+00:00

    Tried everything on this thread so far. Nothing works. Hyperlinks are still just static text.

    Ariel,

    Are you referring to links in e-mails that you receive or in e-mails that you send?

    Usually, you shouldn't have to do anything in particular for URLs to become active links. When composing an e-mail, if you type in a URL, you may have to press the SpaceBar at the end of the URL to "activate" it, though.

    Which version of Outlook are you running?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-31T03:38:57+00:00

    I will chime in here as I'm having the same issues. This is insane. I receive an email with a very simple link (i.e. https://www.microsoft.com ) and it doesn't show as a link in the Outlook. I'm running the following version of the OS:

    OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

    Version 10.0.26100 Build 26100

    I'm using the New Outlook app.

    I can pull up the exact same email in the gmail app and the link shows up fine and I can click on it.

    Under General/Files and Links neither Microsoft Edge or Default Browser radio button is chosen and when I click on one and hit Save, it doesn't save either of them. What is going on Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T10:12:47+00:00

    You are a lifesaver. This was very helpful! Thank you. I played with the settings and am now able to see active/live links when I send and receive them in the New outlook!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments