Hyperlink not showing up in New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-05-17T20:56:32+00:00

I am having a problem with Hyperlink not showing up with new outlook. Whenever there is an email that comes with hyperlink on it ,sometime it comes with clickable link sometime it is not clickable at all .

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-28T15:52:38+00:00

    Hi Stefan,

    Your solution doesn't work for me.... When I go to Privacy and Data, my screen looks different from yours. I don't have external image section....

    And my hyperlink for 1 email was working but then it quickly turned into the link that is not clickable again.... this is very annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-01T22:51:10+00:00

    Solution I found that worked for me

    1. Start new outlook
    2. turn off windows/any firewalls
    3. turn off windows/any anti viruses
    4. Close new outlook and start it back up again.
    5. turn your firewall and antivirus back on.

    None of the so called Microsoft helpers answers helped do anything for me.

    Good Luck

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T22:17:03+00:00

    Hi,

    This is the solution that worked for me in the new outlook. Go to View -> Settings -> Mail -> Compose and reply -> Link Style. Here turn on "As a link" instead of "As a loop attachment".

    Now hyperlinks are working correctly.

    Regards,

    Paddu

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-22T01:57:49+00:00

    To resolve:

    Switch back to "Old Outlook"

    Go to File, Options, Advanced.

    File and Browser Preferences,

    Open hyperlinks from Outlook in... Select Edge or Chrome (Whatever your default browser of choice is)

    Switch back to "New Outlook" and the issue should be resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T16:22:17+00:00

    *** OK, this worked for a little while and then stopped. Sorry, thought this was a fix and it looks like NOT.

    I tried and tried the different options here, nothing worked. Based on the ideas, I searched the New Outlook some more and found a solution that worked for me. Hope it works for others.

    The idea was that Microsoft must have hidden the link options somewhere without telling anyone and then reset it or defaulted it to something that wasn't working for most people. I was able to find it on my system and it was not enabled.

    I found it in Settings, General, Files and Links

    Mine has two options, "Microsoft Edge" and "Default Browser"

    Neither was selected and so I selected "Default Browser" and clicked save. BTW, after there was nothing selected still but I was able to click on links and they work now.

    I hope this helps. Very annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments