Hyperlink not showing up in New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-05-17T20:56:32+00:00

I am having a problem with Hyperlink not showing up with new outlook. Whenever there is an email that comes with hyperlink on it ,sometime it comes with clickable link sometime it is not clickable at all .

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-28T15:52:38+00:00

    Hi Stefan,

    Your solution doesn't work for me.... When I go to Privacy and Data, my screen looks different from yours. I don't have external image section....

    And my hyperlink for 1 email was working but then it quickly turned into the link that is not clickable again.... this is very annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-23T21:13:37+00:00

    In the new Outlook, options for external images can be found at Settings > General > Privacy and data. There is also a button labeled Privacy settings; click it to see more options.

    Image

    The option for previewing hyperlinks is at Settings > Mail > Compose and reply.

    Image

    P.S. Other options for linking may be present depending on your version of Outlook and also depending on your type of subscription. My reply here has assumed that this is about hyperlinks in general found in e-mails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T17:34:47+00:00

    Hi! I have the same issue. I'm using the new outlook and I can't open the links, they have to be copied and pasted. Also, I don't find “File” > “Options” > “Trust Center” > “Trust Center Settings” > “Automatic Download” Thank you,

    I'm having the same problem. Must copy/paste to open. Don't have a TRUST CENTER in the New Outlook. Any other suggestions?

    The original answer from Mr. Sharma directs us to IE which is no longer used. The answer must be long out-of-date. Another suggestion would be appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T08:06:12+00:00

    Hi,

    As you ALL know, the update to outlook has disabled the hyperlinks in emails. WHY? And where are the instructions to fix this?

    I have not updated the version of windows

    I have changed nothing

    I have a mac

    Everything was fine before the update

    No it isnt the browser

    None of the instructions to fix this even come close and dont even relate to the new version

    and nothing else has worked.

    Why on earth isnt there an instruction sent out when they change this ?

    In business its very frustrating when 23 people send in a fix and none of them even come close. You would think that the thousands of people all with the same issue would be able to email a company for a simple instruction to fix their lack of communication

    Any takers?

    So, how do I get the links in my emails to work?

    Help...maybe Microsoft could respond ???

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-08T22:15:16+00:00

    Seems to work for us now,not sure if anything got changed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments