Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
You can't. That's the problem. Microsoft doesn't understand how important drag and drop is to users. I'm not switching to the new version if I can help it.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
We are currently Testing the new Outlook and i got some Questions about drag and drop of Mails to desktop as of now, its not possible.
The way we do it now is klick on the 3 dots and download the message.
The Download popup shows up from where we can drag and drop the msg into the Explorer or Desktop.
Is this going to stay?
if yes, what is the best Practice process to save Mails quickly from Outlook into Teams/Sharepoint filestructure?
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You can't. That's the problem. Microsoft doesn't understand how important drag and drop is to users. I'm not switching to the new version if I can help it.
Agreed, drag and drop is used on a daily basis this is the best and sometimes only way to get emails into other programs. Losing this functionality will really degrade Outlook's value. We will need to find an alternative.
In terms of best practices for quickly saving emails from Outlook into Teams or SharePoint file structures, you might consider the following options:
Ultimately, the best practice may depend on your organization's specific requirements, existing software setup, and workflow preferences. Regularly reviewing and optimizing these processes can help ensure efficiency and productivity.
I appreciate the reply, but none of these options is preferable to dragging and dropping in old Outlook. Yes, moving emails to folders outside Outlook can be automated, but can you tell that the files you see in the destination folder are new/unread or even know that they are there if you don't check the folder regularly? Faster isn't better if it means that I miss an important email.
Hi Reynaldo - This has to be a feature. rest assured, demand from users will be very high.