Drag and Drop in new Outlook

Anonymous
2023-05-05T13:24:13+00:00

Hi,

We are currently Testing the new Outlook and i got some Questions about drag and drop of Mails to desktop as of now, its not possible.

The way we do it now is klick on the 3 dots and download the message.

The Download popup shows up from where we can drag and drop the msg into the Explorer or Desktop.

Is this going to stay?

if yes, what is the best Practice process to save Mails quickly from Outlook into Teams/Sharepoint filestructure?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-26T19:54:48+00:00

    Having a similar issue with no drag and drop of messages.

    In my particular case I was able to drag and drop a message into a folder on a different account within Outlook.

    This is no longer working with the preview version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-04T06:29:43+00:00

    I'm also having a similar issue with dragging and dropping messages. I use this feature to save important emails to my ClickUp software so I can save myself from searching them up later.

    This is an important function that needs to be included

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-04T13:03:08+00:00

    Yes absolutely !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-04T16:02:22+00:00

    Hi

    This has been an ongoing request, and I think the developers at this point have had quite a few people request it. I know I have.

    so has this now been added to the roadmap? or have the developers not had as many requests as i'm assuming?

    Kind regards,

    Ben

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T23:06:43+00:00

    I'm also having a similar issue with dragging and dropping messages. I use this feature to save important emails to my ClickUp software so I can save myself from searching them up later.

    This is an important function that needs to be included

    I agree with this comment. It is an essential feature. New Outlook is unusable for me without it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments