Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
You can't. That's the problem. Microsoft doesn't understand how important drag and drop is to users. I'm not switching to the new version if I can help it.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
We are currently Testing the new Outlook and i got some Questions about drag and drop of Mails to desktop as of now, its not possible.
The way we do it now is klick on the 3 dots and download the message.
The Download popup shows up from where we can drag and drop the msg into the Explorer or Desktop.
Is this going to stay?
if yes, what is the best Practice process to save Mails quickly from Outlook into Teams/Sharepoint filestructure?
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
You can't. That's the problem. Microsoft doesn't understand how important drag and drop is to users. I'm not switching to the new version if I can help it.
Can you please provide an update on when the drag and drop function will be pushed through to the new outlook. This tool is critical.
I'm having the same problem as others here. I cannot drag and drop an email from my inbox to my desktop (or other shared folders) as with old Outlook. Also, the workaround previously mentioned doesn't work from me because I can't find the "download" option in the three dots menu. I would absolutely abandon new Outlook this second if I could get my old Outlook to refresh and import new messages. I'm currently trapped in between versions and incredibly frustrated. Why did Microsoft update Outlook anyway? What is the benefit? It's only slowing me down when I need to get work done.
They will not listen and they don't care. Microsoft has gone downhill for a while. They refuse to respond to customers' feedback for years. They continue to remove the basic functions from the well-polished and productive software and call half-cooked software as "new" just to trick you to spend more money to buy their so-called new products or services. It's all marketing gimmicks. Bottom line is way more important for Microsoft than funtionality of software.
Yes absolutely !!