Quick Steps missing in new build of outlook

Anonymous
2023-05-22T15:47:05+00:00

I updated to the new version of outlook (2304 build 16327.20248 ) released recently. I noticed that my quick step shortcuts were missing. I messed around in settings to see if I had to add it back but I found nothing. Was quick steps removed in the new version of outlook or is there a way to get it back that I haven't found ?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-13T12:08:00+00:00

    It isn't that the quick steps functionality is missing - it's that many of the quick steps that we have set up and are avaialble to us in the old Outlook are not there in New Outlook. It will mean having to recreate them all. New Outlook is only showing me 8 of my quick steps - but I have 33 of them!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-04T00:28:30+00:00

    Not so much 'missing' as no longer very quick. The whole benefit of having Quick Steps was that I could file emails with one click, and now they've added an additional step with the drop down box. It's more time consuming, and definitely no longer giving me the efficiencies I had.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-09T12:28:43+00:00

    Exactly same problem for me!

    Switching back to old version until this is fixed :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-29T00:31:53+00:00

    I was using Quick Steps of Ctrl+Shift+2, 3, 4 in older Outlook, but they are not imported to new Outlook, and I can't create new Quick Steps using those 3 shortcuts because shortcut options only available for Ctrl+Shift+5, 6, 7, 8, 9. Is there any solutions ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-22T18:10:26+00:00

    Dear Gael Sarmiento,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    As per the description you have shared, we understand that you have a concern with quick steps in the New Outlook for Windows.

    The quick steps in the Outlook found Home tab-->Quick steps on the ribbon, you can refer to the screenshot below.

    If you can't find Quick steps in the Home tab, please kindly Go to File --> Options -->Customize Ribbon --> under Choose commands from section, select All Tabs --> Expand Home (Mail) section--> Select Quick steps --> Add -->OK. Then, check if you can find Quick steps on the ribbon. **** You can refer to the screenshot below.

    For additional information, you can refer to Video: Customize the ribbon - Microsoft Support

    We look forward to you update. Please feel free to let me know if there are any questions. We will keep assisting you based on the information you provide. We sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation.

    Stay safe and healthy.

    Have a good day!

    Sincerely,

    Libeamlak | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments