I am having trouble reorganizing my folders in the NEW Outlook Preview for Windows

Anonymous
2023-05-10T12:16:56+00:00

I have switched to using the NEW Outlook for Windows. Everything was fine until I tried to reorganize my folders. I want to put them in specific order but when I try to move them I cannot move main folders to a new main position. It will only let me put them into another main folder. I have an order with main folders, sub folders, and sub sub folders, etc. When I switched to the NEW Outlook it alphabetized my folders which put them out of my order. I went to drag them into their proper place but it will only let me put them into other main folders. I cannot seem to figure out how to put main folders in between other main folders. It used to show a little gray box when I was about to insert a folder into another folder and a line when I was going to drag it in between other folders. Now it is only the little box that makes it go into the other folder.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-20T16:15:10+00:00

    My company just forced the update to New outlook with no option to revert anymore and this is still not a feature. This is incredibly upsetting and makes folders useless at this point if we cannot organize them to how we NEED them

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-05T01:24:34+00:00

    This is a serious problem that has existed since May 2023 and before and has still not been fixed. We pay a premium for Microsoft 365 and we frankly deserve better service. I can only conclude that Microsoft has just got so big that arrogance is playing a part in this with the thought that customer inconvenience and frustration just doesn't matter. I am personally aware of a lot of customers that are increasingly growing angry with Microsoft's attitude and it wouldn't take much for them to jump ship. Ignore these customers at your peril. Geoff Hill (One more very unhappy customer).

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T18:00:20+00:00

    Have you guys included the feature yet?? What’s the hold up?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T14:31:02+00:00

    If you go to Favourites folder at the top, you can right-click and select 'Add to Favourites', then type in the folder you want at the top

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T14:47:12+00:00

    Hi Stone. J,

    Thank you for trying to help!

    However, we don't want to keep adding folders to Favourites just to sort. Favourites is for you to choose which folders you want to have quick access.

    We are talking about sorting the folders that are NOT in Favourites.

    We simply want to be able to sort all our folders the way we want. Just the way it has been for the past 25 years or more, until this new Outlook was introduced. We aren't asking for any new feature, we are asking to have an exisiting feature back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments