I am having trouble reorganizing my folders in the NEW Outlook Preview for Windows

Anonymous
2023-05-10T12:16:56+00:00

I have switched to using the NEW Outlook for Windows. Everything was fine until I tried to reorganize my folders. I want to put them in specific order but when I try to move them I cannot move main folders to a new main position. It will only let me put them into another main folder. I have an order with main folders, sub folders, and sub sub folders, etc. When I switched to the NEW Outlook it alphabetized my folders which put them out of my order. I went to drag them into their proper place but it will only let me put them into other main folders. I cannot seem to figure out how to put main folders in between other main folders. It used to show a little gray box when I was about to insert a folder into another folder and a line when I was going to drag it in between other folders. Now it is only the little box that makes it go into the other folder.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T10:26:27+00:00

    Me too, I need to be able to reorder my email folders.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-01T02:15:53+00:00

    While new Outlook may not currently support direct dragging to reorder Folders. The best Workaround is Renaming folders with numbers or special characters as prefixes can help you control the order. This is the quick way to create a custom order for your main folder :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T20:28:35+00:00

    I've had to switch back as well. Losing the ability to organize my folders the way I need them made New Outlook a non-starter.
    I honestly don't understand why high value function like this are taken away when products are updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-21T12:15:39+00:00

    Unbelievable!! The issue still persists after this many feeds, I would have expected them to sort this!! They should look into their development team, something is obviously not going well there. I have also switched back to my OLD Outlook version!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-09T00:31:41+00:00

    "Moreover, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I believe your suggestion could make New Outlook even better. We'll bring your issues to our Product Development Team as New Outlook for Windows is still under development." - Microsoft Agent | Moderator - May 2023.

    It's about to be 2025 and this still hasn't been implemented.. unbelievable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments