I am having trouble reorganizing my folders in the NEW Outlook Preview for Windows

Anonymous
2023-05-10T12:16:56+00:00

I have switched to using the NEW Outlook for Windows. Everything was fine until I tried to reorganize my folders. I want to put them in specific order but when I try to move them I cannot move main folders to a new main position. It will only let me put them into another main folder. I have an order with main folders, sub folders, and sub sub folders, etc. When I switched to the NEW Outlook it alphabetized my folders which put them out of my order. I went to drag them into their proper place but it will only let me put them into other main folders. I cannot seem to figure out how to put main folders in between other main folders. It used to show a little gray box when I was about to insert a folder into another folder and a line when I was going to drag it in between other folders. Now it is only the little box that makes it go into the other folder.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T12:49:51+00:00

    I switched to the NEW Outlook not even 10 minutes ago. Organizing folders was the FIRST thing I tried to do. I had the exact same issue as the initial post describes. What a ridiculous change! I NEED to be able to organize my folders in an order that works for me. Switching back to the old Outlook right now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-03T16:32:41+00:00

    I hate to say it, but I started arranging folders using A, AA, AAA, #, $ to put them where I wanted them as I also used the feature to move folders in the previous Outlook.

    Jules

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-02T11:53:20+00:00

    I tried to switch today to New Outlook but I reverted back to the classic version for this very same reason. Not being able to rearrange my folders in the way I want impacts my productivity. Please add this functionality to New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-01T17:09:11+00:00

    I have the same issue... There are definitely pros and cons of the new and old, but not being able to organize the folders the way I want is a big inconvenience. Alphabetical is nice, but I like to arrange my folders based on importance... This is making me switch back to the old version..

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T17:47:30+00:00

    Seems all you can do is show favourites then add the folders as a favourite - you can then order as you please. Ruins the asthetic, though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments