Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Have you guys included the feature yet?? What’s the hold up?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have switched to using the NEW Outlook for Windows. Everything was fine until I tried to reorganize my folders. I want to put them in specific order but when I try to move them I cannot move main folders to a new main position. It will only let me put them into another main folder. I have an order with main folders, sub folders, and sub sub folders, etc. When I switched to the NEW Outlook it alphabetized my folders which put them out of my order. I went to drag them into their proper place but it will only let me put them into other main folders. I cannot seem to figure out how to put main folders in between other main folders. It used to show a little gray box when I was about to insert a folder into another folder and a line when I was going to drag it in between other folders. Now it is only the little box that makes it go into the other folder.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Have you guys included the feature yet?? What’s the hold up?
I've had to switch back as well. Losing the ability to organize my folders the way I need them made New Outlook a non-starter.
I honestly don't understand why high value function like this are taken away when products are updated.
DITTO! I will go back to old version.
+1
New versions should be better and improved while adopting the existing best options. So sad and disappointing that a highly reputed organization didn't consider the basic user experience.
Seems all you can do is show favourites then add the folders as a favourite - you can then order as you please. Ruins the asthetic, though.