I am having trouble reorganizing my folders in the NEW Outlook Preview for Windows

Anonymous
2023-05-10T12:16:56+00:00

I have switched to using the NEW Outlook for Windows. Everything was fine until I tried to reorganize my folders. I want to put them in specific order but when I try to move them I cannot move main folders to a new main position. It will only let me put them into another main folder. I have an order with main folders, sub folders, and sub sub folders, etc. When I switched to the NEW Outlook it alphabetized my folders which put them out of my order. I went to drag them into their proper place but it will only let me put them into other main folders. I cannot seem to figure out how to put main folders in between other main folders. It used to show a little gray box when I was about to insert a folder into another folder and a line when I was going to drag it in between other folders. Now it is only the little box that makes it go into the other folder.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-28T21:06:17+00:00

    They are unfortunately not paying attention to users. I've yet to see any fixes with how unusable the New Outlook is. It is clearly not for business use. It's basically gmail. I was just trying to move a folder to another subfolder. The dialog box that pops open has no search capabilities and won't let you collapse branches. Makes it a total pain to try and find the folder to move to. I assume they think we are too stupid to be organized. Everything should just be archived and then let co-pilot find it for an additional fee.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T10:26:27+00:00

    Me too, I need to be able to reorder my email folders.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T11:13:23+00:00

    I can tell you, confidently, that if they remove the old and this issue is not addressed, I will have no choice but to use another software program. PERIOD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-07T07:54:22+00:00

    Unreal.... just started using the new look yesterday and now I have to switch back because of this nonsense, which is a basic feature in most software since what.... the 90's?!

    It's been less than 48 hours since I switch from Gmail and I already miss it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-02T11:53:20+00:00

    I tried to switch today to New Outlook but I reverted back to the classic version for this very same reason. Not being able to rearrange my folders in the way I want impacts my productivity. Please add this functionality to New Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments