Can't scroll contacts

Anonymous
2022-10-14T11:01:07+00:00
  • I can't scroll contacts in https://outlook.live.com/people/0/ in Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Opera.
  • I get a visible list of about 12-14 A's but no more contacts than that, and no scroll bar.
  • Can't scroll with mouse pad or mouse.
  • I can click the 'A' to get the alphabet, but when I select another letter, I get the first contact's details for that letter, and the 'All contacts' list disappears. Clicking 'All contacts' does not bring back the list. The only way back to the original, partial list, is to select something other than 'All contacts' on the left pane, then try 'All contacts' again. This brings back the partial list of A's.

Update

2022-10-20 (Thu), 8:00 AM:

Refreshed page and there is now a scrollbar.

Firefox and Chrome confirmed.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-17T02:47:11+00:00

    @wazz4444

    The only thing I've changed recently is I've added some categories. Are you using categories at all?

    Yes, I also recently added a custom category to some contacts. It's the only category I use. Just the one. So, based on your comment, I deleted the category from all the contacts that had it, which deleted the category. Alas, this made no difference at all. The same problems persist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-16T16:49:39+00:00

    Windows 7 PC

    Chrome 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)

    I have a similar issue which as well as on my PC is also present on an Android Tablet running Chrome (through Web and NOT Android App) which when accessing my x165 Contacts - the Scroll Bar normally to RHS of the Contacts list has disappeared however my Mail (& Calendar) don’t appear to be affected.

    This was initially intermittent and I originally noticed that the Scroll Bar didn’t appear when opening Contacts in a new Tab (Right Click) but would be present if you switched from Mail > Contacts within the same OpenTab but in the last 24 hours this has deteriorated and the Scroll Bar is now always missing irrespective of how you open the Contacts.

    Found if I selected a Contact and then Cursor Down the Contact list had only populated approx. 20 of my 165 Contacts but when I searched for any other Contact that wasn’t visible I could call this up or Export a full CSV list so they are all still there but just not visible.

    I have not added any Categories or added or changed any of the Contact Files but I first noticed this about 5-7 Days ago.

    Other odd thing I noticed yesterday which I think again has deteriorated in the last 24 Hrs is that when viewing a Contact these at first appear with the ability to scroll through the Contact Info (ie such as when you have lots of info or additional Notes)  using the Scroll Bar on far RHS of the Contact Info but interestingly found the more contacts I opened and viewed … the less Contact Info would be left visible until you were finally left with the just the Header Name and headings (ie Overview - Contact - Files - Email - LinkedIn)  and No Contact Info visible.

    Don't know whether this adds anything for those of you with greater technical skills than myself but spent nearly 8 Hrs on and off on 14/10/22 trying to report this being passed from team to team on 2 Tickets after MS Chat support closed the first Ticket and despite promising to get a Supervisor to call back only did so 7½ Hrs later and failed again despite their promises to Call Back yesterday with no further contact other than closing the Second Ticket so I guess no hope of any help there !

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-16T14:12:55+00:00

    I am not getting any errors nor am I using categories. the only problem I am seeing is once I go to the contact tab, I can't manage my contact folder. No control at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-16T13:21:28+00:00

    This is another of the problems when Microsoft update systems without notifying you of what they are supposed to be improving. Obviously basic checking has not been carried out prior to activating this so called improvement.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-16T10:03:23+00:00

    I doubt if those CSP errors will be the problem, but it can't hurt to show them.

    I'm getting a lot of other errors too including:

    • from an 'owa' file;
    • "None of the “sha384” hashes in the integrity attribute match the content of the subresource.";
    • "Uncaught (in promise) ChunkLoadError: Loading chunk 50860 failed." (analytics, probably blocked by an extension);
    • "Uncaught (in promise) Error: Failed to load javascript."
    • etc, etc.

    I think there's some kind of looping error too. As I scroll down the console, I can't get to the bottom as it keeps (re)adding more errors.

    The only thing I've changed recently is I've added some categories. Are you using categories at all?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments