Can't scroll contacts

Anonymous
2022-10-14T11:01:07+00:00
  • I can't scroll contacts in https://outlook.live.com/people/0/ in Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Opera.
  • I get a visible list of about 12-14 A's but no more contacts than that, and no scroll bar.
  • Can't scroll with mouse pad or mouse.
  • I can click the 'A' to get the alphabet, but when I select another letter, I get the first contact's details for that letter, and the 'All contacts' list disappears. Clicking 'All contacts' does not bring back the list. The only way back to the original, partial list, is to select something other than 'All contacts' on the left pane, then try 'All contacts' again. This brings back the partial list of A's.

Update

2022-10-20 (Thu), 8:00 AM:

Refreshed page and there is now a scrollbar.

Firefox and Chrome confirmed.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Contacts

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-25T09:17:42+00:00

    Windows 7 PC

    Chrome 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (64-bit)

    Hi all - Pleased to hear that a lot of you have, like myself here in the UK, regained the Scrolling Bar in OWA - People / Contacts. Clearly evident that this has become increasingly more stable over the last 2-3 days with the Scroll Bar appearing and all the contacts accessible without the need to Refresh (CTRL F5),  however, without wishing to ‘spoil the party’, I am afraid that I am not convinced that everything is fixed !

    Have noticed two things which I think may still be ongoing Issues, which may have only now come to light since things became more stable but were most certainly not an issue or present prior to recent events.

    1. When you try to Edit a Contact using the ‘Edit Icon Button’ below the displayed Contact Details (either in Overview or Contact View) it doesn’t always open the Edit Screen on every Contact (and even if you CTRL F5 Refresh) you can only Edit if you ‘Right Click’ the same Contact in the List of Contacts and select ‘Edit’ from the Drop Down Box.
    2. Have also noticed that once you have manged to access and Edit a Contact the details are not updated within that same contacts details that is immediately displayed on the OWA screen unless you leave Contacts by going out and back in again.

    Once again this seems to suggest an Issue with the ‘Display’ of the Contact/s rather than the Contact Data and how this is updated since when I have checked on another device at the same time - there is no delay and the background Data visible to any other synced device that is updated and visible almost immediately but the People / Contact Details still displayed on Outlook.com are not for some reason updated no matter how long you wait, so is there also still some sort of ‘Auto Refresh’ issue ?

    I would hate MS to think they have sorted everything out but missed a ‘Spanner in the Works’ that might come back and give us more grief later, so is there anyone monitoring these posts who has the means to feed these two potential ongoing  issues back to MS or better still, a ‘Bat Phone’ to give them the heads up ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-24T16:40:53+00:00

    Had my first chance to check this morning. Edge is working for me. thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-24T16:19:01+00:00

    Yes, it's been working for me for the last 2 days, also. I have had this problem more than once over the last few years. This time it seems to have been much more widespread. I (and many others) have also had a variety of problems with live email and other email (in Windows 10 Mail app.) The point is I don't feel that any of MS email related services are reliable any more. This is unacceptable as we are now so reliant on these services.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-24T08:29:05+00:00

    Many thanks to all of you who have replied with suggestions and how you've been dealing with this issue.

    Good to have support from so many helpful people. Well done all!

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-24T02:54:54+00:00

    Similar situation for me. Seems to be working correctly for the last 3 days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments