Using classic Outlook for Windows in educational settings
So very frustrating. Just my machines using Microsoft 11 Pro is having this issue! I am hoping we can get some answers!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi there,
On Outlook 365 usually those "You replied to / forwarded / etc. this message" texts are showing up in an email and corresponding icons are shown in the overview. However, on one of our computers it doesn't show up for all emails and I couldn't find any pattern where it works and where not.
We're running a dovecot mailserver (we have a mixed OS network) so the mail account is synced via imap.
Does anybody have ideas how to fix this?
I can provide further info if needed.
Cheers
Using classic Outlook for Windows in educational settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
So very frustrating. Just my machines using Microsoft 11 Pro is having this issue! I am hoping we can get some answers!
I am keeping my customers away from 11 for as long as possible. Most pcs are on 10, some on 7. Problem exists even on XP I suspect, although I don't have a machine to test it on.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Some nice guy named Brian replied from Microsoft with a bunch of questions, as per normal, I told him I have been doing computer networking for over 30 years, and I diagnosed the issue as only affecting live.com accounts on my systems. My Hotmail accounts are still working fine. It's not an issue with operating systems, etc. I never heard back from him after that, Microsoft broke this, so they need to own it and fix it.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue, and that I'm not losing my mind. Well...not losing my mind in the sense that it's an error on my end...but I am losing my mind because it is such a basic but necessary element of email communication! Clearly, Microsoft has messed something up here. Hopefully they get it fixed soon!
Some nice guy named Brian replied from Microsoft with a bunch of questions, as per normal, I told him I have been doing computer networking for over 30 years, and I diagnosed the issue as only affecting live.com accounts on my systems. My Hotmail accounts are still working fine. It's not an issue with operating systems, etc. I never heard back from him after that, Microsoft broke this, so they need to own it and fix it.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue, and that I'm not losing my mind. Well...not losing my mind in the sense that it's an error on my end...but I am losing my mind because it is such a basic but necessary element of email communication! Clearly, Microsoft has messed something up here. Hopefully they get it fixed soon!
I am having the same issue. It started last week and I have not been able to find a solution. I do not have the "columns option" and have been trying unsuccessfully to find a fix. Help!! very inconvenient and annoying problem with OUTLOOK.
Thanks.