Outlook 365 - "You replied to this message" / fowarded / etc. not showing up on all emails

Anonymous
2023-04-21T15:08:40+00:00

Hi there,

On Outlook 365 usually those "You replied to / forwarded / etc. this message" texts are showing up in an email and corresponding icons are shown in the overview. However, on one of our computers it doesn't show up for all emails and I couldn't find any pattern where it works and where not.

We're running a dovecot mailserver (we have a mixed OS network) so the mail account is synced via imap.

Does anybody have ideas how to fix this?

I can provide further info if needed.

Cheers

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For education

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-27T16:08:25+00:00

    Some nice guy named Brian replied from Microsoft with a bunch of questions, as per normal, I told him I have been doing computer networking for over 30 years, and I diagnosed the issue as only affecting live.com accounts on my systems. My Hotmail accounts are still working fine. It's not an issue with operating systems, etc. I never heard back from him after that, Microsoft broke this, so they need to own it and fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-28T14:21:33+00:00

    Some nice guy named Brian replied from Microsoft with a bunch of questions, as per normal, I told him I have been doing computer networking for over 30 years, and I diagnosed the issue as only affecting live.com accounts on my systems. My Hotmail accounts are still working fine. It's not an issue with operating systems, etc. I never heard back from him after that, Microsoft broke this, so they need to own it and fix it.

    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue, and that I'm not losing my mind. Well...not losing my mind in the sense that it's an error on my end...but I am losing my mind because it is such a basic but necessary element of email communication! Clearly, Microsoft has messed something up here. Hopefully they get it fixed soon!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-17T13:59:55+00:00

    Hello - you mentioned that the 'you replied to this email' function is undergoing an update and is currently not available on the new Outlook for Mac.

    Do you know if/when this feature will be available again? It was really useful to be able to see my previous reply by clicking on the 'view reply' at the top of the email, rather than. having to go back and search through my sent emails.

    Thanks - Laura

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-14T17:09:03+00:00

    I'm still having the same issue. Sometimes it says I have replied and sometimes it doesn't. So frustrating. And coupled with another issue documented by others elsewhere, that sometimes my replies sit in Drafts even though they have been sent - this new Outlook is really wasting my time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-30T18:55:47+00:00

    In the outlook web client pick help at top left, then pick help to the left of that again and start a chat. Tell them the arrow indicating a message was replied to disappeared, along with the message in the open email stating "You replied to this ..." also disappeared. I did this and the reply was an appology stating many users have the same problem and it is being worked on. If you will do this and encourage others to do the same thing, perhaps we will get results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments